8 Things CORE Mechanics for Riders Workshops are…
- a 2 day mat/saddle work workshop
- Pilates/Yoga/Somatics based
- NOT riding lessons
- CORE weekends are a way to explore riding concepts on the mat and then take those skills and awarenesses to the saddle
- We explore the function of the rider’s core and how best to stabilize it on a moving object. The more stable your core is while riding, the more independent your aids can function.
- The movement patterns we work with are not physically difficult. The difficulty is in the body awareness in the movement patterns and then keeping the same mindfulness while applying it in the saddle. Brain/body work!!!
- You will explore exercises on the mat that you will be able to incorporate into your regular workout regime when you return home.
- CORE workshops are based at Flying Colours Stables but the format is very mobile. All you’ll need is 6 riders, their horses and yoga mats!
Contact Lindsey or Vickie to check on availability of rider spots in workshops at Flying Colours or to arrange for a CORE workshop at your stable. (CORE Concepts workshops are for first time participants; CORE Explorations workshops are for returning CORE riders)